.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Swamp Thoughts

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Not the Pink Guy

Well, when one wakes up with goopy green stuff in her eyes, it makes her look at the world differently. But first, she's gotta pry her eyes open.

This past Sunday, I was told I had what is commonly known as Pink Eye. The doctor told me that the cause was due to a sinus infection. I don't know about any sinus infection, but I do know that I still have what I had when I left work almost a month ago: a stuffed up nose, a sore throat, and a "hack-me-up-half-a-lung" cough. Sorry to get so vividly disgusting, but I thought that opening with snotty eyes was the worst it can get.

Anyway, I do have Pink Eye, but with medication, in 5 days time, I'll be free and clear, and not contagious anymore. As far as the Pink Guy, I have that, too.

Shall I tell you the tale of the Pink Guy? Well, it all started about 6 years ago. I have this pink monster finger puppet made out of rubber. One day, I noticed that it was missing from my desk at work. Where was my faithful, yet very ugly, finger monster? Had I lost him for good?

It was about a day until I found out that an evil coworker had kidnapped my Pink Guy. Somehow, my coworker had fallen madly in love with Pink Guy, and like the villain who steals the hero's girlfriend and tries to force the girl to fall in love with him, so had my coworker snatched Pink Guy from me. So, off I went, on my mini-hero adventure, but this time, the beauty was gonna save the beast, from the beast. Yes, I'm starting to mix my fairy tales, but this is my story, and if you don't like it, well, yeah.

OK, so, long story short: I retrieved Pink Guy from my coworker, only to have it repeatedly stolen over the next couple of weeks. Finally, I decided to get a surrogate finger puppet for my coworker: Green Guy. The thefts stopped, but the whining began. He claimed Green Guy wasn't what he wanted: he wanted Pink Guy. Seeing that it was possible to never see Pink Guy again, I brought it home, where it still is happily and safely residing.

And so, to this day, my now no-longer-coworker-since-I-quit has continually inquired about the status of Pink Guy. Maybe he thought that I'd give it up when I left: Nope. I may not have a pay check, but I have Pink Guy, and our love will get us through! I hope my until-recent-coworker is reading this entry, because I want him to feel the burn of something he could not have. He he he he he, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Keep visiting, 'cause, I just might post a picture of Pink Guy when I get back from my Seattle trip.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home