.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Swamp Thoughts

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Is it me, or did I just quit my job?

I quit my job. That’s it. I just quit. I have no new job lined up, and I have not yet sold my house. So what has caused me to just suddenly quit a lucrative job at a little known company called IBM? Well, lots of things, really. In a nutshell, I realized it was time to move on. I could no longer ignore all of the signs. My inner sight saw another path for me, and that path continued past through the city central of IBM, and on to more verdant life experiences. I can’t say I explored all of IBM’s possibilities, but it was clear that IBM had no plans for investing in my future. I had lost interest in my job (not “passionate about the business”). I was physically unhealthy (carpel tunnel, gastritis, fat, and more). And I can plainly say that corporate business does not align with my values.

So, what’s next for me? I plan to sell my house and see the world! Of course, I have other plans, too, but as some people say, don’t count your chicks before the eggs hatch. So, all my plans are on hold until the money comes in from my house.

As a future gypsy and world sojourner, I plan to post many a photo and experience from this very blog. I hope you that all of you enjoy the ride and the trips before the actual trips. I also encourage anyone who has been to places I want to visit, to let me know where I should go and see. If you know anyone in the area, let me know so I can say “HI!” for you. Also, if you want me to mail you a postcard from a specific place, or a knick-knack, I will be happy to, depending on the timing and the cash on-hand.

Places in mind to see: New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea, Switzerland (and other parts of Europe), Greece, Turkey, India, China.

I’m currently being an armchair tourist. My current locations: New Zealand, Australia, Fijian Islands, depending on the night!

But my first location is Sierra Summit, California. My friends, it is time that I learn to snowboard! Try most things at least once, I say. Life is too short to stay at a job that allows me to only dream of a life that is very possible for me.

Just one thing, if you’re curious. Yes, I get flashes of fear, thinking, “What the hell am I doing? I have no job and a mortgage to pay.” Then I become sane again, and prepare to enjoy the future that we all share (but some are afraid to admit): the anything-can-happen future. Why worry when even the best-planned future can unexpectedly and rudely be interrupted? Preparation, instead of planning, is your best course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home